Last updated: 1 June 2018
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, postcode and contact details.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information as related to a business and/or legal person:
- Billing address;
- email address;
- Telephone number and other contact details;
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- The information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- Register on our website;
- Communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- Interact with our sites, services, content, and advertising.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information, as related to a business and/or legal person, for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our website, services or applications;
- To operate, protect, improve and optimize our website, services or applications, business models and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- To send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- To administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; and
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymized consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalize your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services and products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
- We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party suppliers or partners.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences.
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at email@example.com
Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- your name,
- email address and/or telephone number
- Clearly describe your complaint.
We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
For further information or to provide feedback, please contact us at email@example.com