eBay marketplaces are constantly changing, with new sellers and products being listed continuously.
Some of the items may be listed as a one-off by an opportunistic seller, or by a small seller with low quantities - these might be an inconvenience but not a real threat.
However, sellers that enter with significant quantities, lower prices or from countries with lower cost bases may pose a threat. Some sellers may be testing out a product with low quantities before investing in it, so sizing up new entrants can be important.
Run a New Listings report to see:
- Is there a new listing with a significant quantity of stock?
- Does their product compete directly with yours, and if so, is it superior?
- Is it an established seller? Perform a Seller ID search to size up your competitor.
- What countries are the new listings from?
- Are the new listings becoming more price competitive?